curl-users

https and certs

From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT <gktnews_at_gktech.net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:38:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm new to using curl and am trying to get a website via https. I've read
a number of examples and such but I can't seem to find what I need.

I will be accessing a URL to get a csv file directly. This site requires a
login via a form first. If I put the url to the csv file directly in my
browser, it first shows a login form in which I enter a username and
password. After that it dumps the csv directly to the browser. I would
like to automate this process.

Just running 'curl https://www.mysite.com/here' gives me this error:

curl: (35) SSL: error:0D07908D:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_verify:unknown
message digest algorithm

I've downloaded the ca-cert-bundle.pem but I have no idea what to do with
it. There are also sites showing examples needing my own certificate, but
I'm not sure how to do this (i know it can be generated with openssl, but
i dont know what kind, etc).

If anyone could give me some quick examples I would be greatly
appreciative!

Thanks,

        Bryan

www.enterpriselinuxforum.com