curl-users

Timeout question

From: Howell, Andrew <andrew.howell_at_moeller.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:49:44 +0100

Hello,
        firstly thanks for curl; any contributors that may be reading.

I am using curl 7.10.5 for Win32 with SSL. I want to use '-m', the maximum
timeout option but I see in the manual that it "doesn't work fully in win32
systems."

I've looked around a few places but haven't found any further information;
could someone please elaborate? Does this mean it is random, or perhaps it
means it doesn't work under certain conditions (maybe it goes wrong if over
a certain value etc.)

If I don't use the option; will curl timeout at all in the event of a broken
connection? I guess not.

Sorry if I missed this, I have read through the FAQ and the manual. In the
end it seemed best to subscribe+send an email.

--
TIA
Andrew Howell