curl-users

RE: cURL, certificates and HTTPS Post

From: Howell, Andrew <andrew.howell_at_moeller.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:23:51 +0100

Yes, in the helpfile. It is quite short so I shall copy it in this message
below. If this is not simple enough then .. I really don't know, sorry!

I have two "manual.txt" files, one that came with my curl package and one
that came from curl itself by running it with the -M switch.

The following quote is from the longer of the two files (which I think is
the one that came out of curl itself, I cannot remember..)

<quote>
  To use OpenSSL to convert your favourite browser's certificate into a PEM
  formatted one that curl can use, do something like this (assuming
netscape,
  but IE is likely to work similarly):

    You start with hitting the 'security' menu button in netscape.

    Select 'certificates->yours' and then pick a certificate in the list

    Press the 'export' button

    enter your PIN code for the certs

    select a proper place to save it

    Run the 'openssl' application to convert the certificate. If you cd to
the
    openssl installation, you can do it like:

     # ./apps/openssl pkcs12 -in [file you saved] -clcerts -out [PEMfile]

</quote>

HTH
Andrew Howell

The contents of this email may be priviledged and are confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor copied in any way. If received in error, please advise the sender, then delete it from your system.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.