curl-users

Re: "POST" option related question using cURL.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:04:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Suhas Tembe wrote:

> I have a question related to the POST option & maybe you guys can help. I am
> trying to obtain the "source" of a web page & let me tell you what I do
> using Internet Explorer. There are two steps involved:

> I am trying to work with the 1st step & eventually use curl, but am stuck.
> When I look at the "form" tags in the source, I can see that the "action" is
> ="../General/SupplyWeb.asp" (and not "default.asp" ??). Anyway, I formed
> this link:
>
> http://supplyweb.trw.com/supplyweb/General/SupplyWeb.asp?UserAccount=USER&AccessCode=PASSWORD&Locale=en-us&TimeZone=PST%3A-480&action-Submit=Login

Even in the subject of the mail you used the word POST. You don't POST by
filling in all the data in the URL. That only makes a GET request, and this
form specificly says POST.

Try POST instead: pass on all the data using -d.

The site uses cookies, so you should probably do too. Also, there's an amount
of javascript in there that might do something weird, I didn't really look
closely enough to see.