Re: Multiple file uploading, delay problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:36:44 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Jari-Petteri Korkiakoski wrote:

> I haven't succeeded in compiling version 7.10.8. Has something changed since
> 7.10.6

Numerous things have changed, yes.

> yacc getdate.y; \
> mv -f getdate.c
> "getdate.y", line 212: fatal error: invalid escape, or illegal reserved
> word: expect
> Any idea what could cause this?

The only change in getdate.y between 7.10.6 and 7.10.8 is this:

... which doesn't involve line 212 at all!

I think you can remove line 212 (the one with %expect) and try again.

> Oh yeah, turned out we didn't need to send the transfer-encoding: chunded
> header, the server sends it back to curl. But it looks like curl waits a
> minute before continuing after the 100 cONTINUE message.

I'm still interested in more in-depth information on why libcurl waits, and
how it does that. Can you set some break-points in there and see if you can
dig up some info for us?

    Daniel Stenberg -- --
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]
This email is sponsored by: Giveback Program.
Does help you be more productive?  Does it
YOU!  Click Here: