curl-users

Re: configure:4982: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH - AIX V4.3.3

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:59:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Justin Webb wrote:

> Newbie here, trying to get this lot installed, but am getting the error
> noted above when running configure.
>
> Firstly, I have checked the path and /usr/ccs/bin where ld hides is
> definitely in the PATH (I had to add it).
>
> Although both ld and make did respond with suitable error messages from the
> command line before I added that directory to the path.

When you encounter problems with running configure, you should fire up your
editor and inspect the config.log that configure generated. In particular you
should look for the test that reported failure and see if you can figure out
what made it fail.

If you cannot, you can always extract the pieces that concerns this problem
and post it here.

This particular error message is generated by a piece of the configure that is
very generic and that has proven to work on an insane amount of platforms and
hosts.

Also, Tor Arntsen runs autobuilds on AIX 4.3 and it hasn't shown any
particular problems (similar to these) that I can remember.