curl-users

RE: configure:4982: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH - AIX V4.3.3

From: Justin Webb <jwebb_at_safikatel.co.za>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:57:25 +0200

Hi,

Agreed, I can't see a problem either!! And agreed on our toolset, when I
inherited this machine the compiler sat complaining that no licenses
were available but then went ahead and compiled after 30 secs in
anycase!!

I've now managed to get it compile cleanly, but the linking fails.The
error message doesn't give me much clue on where to look next.Please
forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, AIX and make are rather new
to me.

What should I 'make' of this (no pun intended 8-)

make
Making all in lib
        make all-am
        /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link xlc -g -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -o libcurl.la -rpath /usr/local/lib -version-info
2:2:0 file.lo timeval.lo base64.lo hostip.lo progress.lo formdata.lo
cookie.lo http.lo sendf.lo ftp.lo url.lo dict.lo if2ip.lo speedcheck.lo
getdate.lo ldap.lo ssluse.lo version.lo getenv.lo escape.lo mprintf.lo
telnet.lo netrc.lo getinfo.lo transfer.lo strequal.lo easy.lo
security.lo krb4.lo memdebug.lo http_chunks.lo strtok.lo connect.lo
llist.lo hash.lo multi.lo content_encoding.lo share.lo http_digest.lo
md5.lo http_negotiate.lo http_ntlm.lo inet_pton.lo strtoofft.lo
strerror.lo -lssl -lcrypto -lz
false cru .libs/libcurl.a file.o timeval.o base64.o hostip.o progress.o
formdata.o cookie.o http.o sendf.o ftp.o url.o dict.o if2ip.o
speedcheck.o getdate.o ldap.o ssluse.o version.o getenv.o escape.o
mprintf.o telnet.o netrc.o getinfo.o transfer.o strequal.o easy.o
security.o krb4.o memdebug.o http_chunks.o strtok.o connect.o llist.o
hash.o multi.o content_encoding.o share.o http_digest.o md5.o
http_negotiate.o http_ntlm.o inet_pton.o strtoofft.o strerror.o

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.
"