curl-users

Re: anything else left?

From: Henrik Stoerner <henrik_at_hswn.dk>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:33:48 +0200

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:22:31AM +0200, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> The resolver and the multi-interface still have problems.
> Ref. "Issue 35" in the archive.
>
> Daniel's work on this didn't really fix anything. But as it seems made the
> multi-interface blocking while connecting to every IP except the 1st.
> AFAICS (blocks in CURLM_STATE_WAITCONNECT).

Hmmm - I wonder if this could be related to the problems with timeouts
and response-times I have seen when using the multi-interface to
fetch many URL's ? The "Problems when using the Curl "multi" interface
(curl 7.12.0)" thread.

If the multi-interface does a blocking connect() call on each IP, I
can understand why many of the requests would timeout.

--
Henrik Storner