curl-users

RE: Problems using cURLl to Form Post a file above 50K

From: Meyer, Aaron <Aaron.Meyer_at_ONSTAR.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:41:00 -0400

I was finally able to transfer a large file via my cURL script. As
suggested, I used Ethereal to track the tranfers, first tracking my cURL
script, the tracking the process using Internet Explorer. I saw that my
Internet Explorer session was pointing to a different proxy server than my
cURL script. I used that proxy server in my script, and the transfer went
fine. I am not a network guy, so I'm not familiar with server
configurations. I would have to assume the "bad" proxy server had some sort
of setting that didn't allow for the transfer of much data, or perhaps
wouldn't re-try a connection to the target host after one try. I really
don't know. I will try to follow up with some network folks, and if I do
find any information I will post it.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Aaron