curl-users

Re: FTPS problem

From: JD <news0503_at_ftumsh.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:00:09 +0100
Daniel,

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, postmaster wrote:
>
> > * SSL certificate verify ok.
> >> USER anon.acme
> > < 530 User is not the same as specified in the X.509 Certificate.
> > * Access denied: User is not the same as specified in the X.509
> > Certificate.
>
> > curl: (9) Access denied: User is not the same as specified in the X.509
> > Certificate.
>
> Obviously the server checks that you login with the same USER as one of the
> fields in your certificate. I guess they refer to the Common Name field, but
> I'm not sure.

That's what I thought. It's just that the same setup with the bsd ftps
works and it doesn't with curl.
ie same cert, username, password etc.

> Why don't you just ask the admins of the site for clarification?

heh, now that's a tale in itself. The site is IBM and the administration
is from a third party that seem to know nothing about it and won't give out an IBM
contact.
Sheesh. I shall push a bit harder I think.

Thank you for your time.

John
--

Collins's Law:
            If you can't make a mistake, you can't make anything.

Corollaries (Rabinovitch's Rules of Sane Dialogue):
            1. Everybody who matters is stupid now and then.
            2. If I'm being stupid, that's my problem.
            3. If my being stupid makes you stupid, that's your problem.
            4. If you think you're never stupid, boy are you stupid!