curl-users

Re: curl processes hang on windows 2003

From: Gisle Vanem <giva_at_bgnett.no>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:22:45 +0100

"Yuri" <yurim_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

> "I/O Writes" is the number of write input/output operations generated by a
> process including file, network and device I/Os (not including console
> operations).

"I/O Writes" is not a very reliable indication of what's going on. And
on what level does this I/O apply? In Winsock's recv/send? Or in the
kernel at the tcpip.sys border. Remember several send() calls may be
merged into one I/O call lower down.

Try to trace the connection with a networks sniffer like Ethereal, tcpdump
etc. That's a far more reliable tool than TaskManager.

--gv