curl-users

problem Instlling *.h & *.c File in mingw

From: T kyer <xdtrq_at_ananzi.co.za>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:32:51 +0200

Gentlemen

Great job with curl! Unfortunately I have been unable to
enjoy it. I have been unable to install the curl source
code properly in mingw(actually I'm using Dev C++ 4.9.9.1 &
Win 98se) as a library resource to be used by my personal
source code.

The installation document says I need to run a file named
MINGW32.BAT. But where on earth is this file.

Well never mind if it doesn't exist please provide manual
install instructions for
Dev C or mingw or both. So far I have installed *.h & *.c
in the mingw include folder in its own CURL folder. And no
I did not forget to associate the CURL folder to the C, C++
And project include/CURL directories. However I did get a
barrage of errors when using your many examples including
simple.c, getinmemory.c, httpput.c, multi-post.c etc. I am
not using the ssl feature to keep it simple thus far. The
errors I got during compilation were (for simple.c) but
were almost identical for the others:

1 parse error before '<' token

15 [Warning] initialization makes integer from pointer
without a cast

15 [Warning] data definition has no type or storage class

16 [Warning] data definition has no type or storage class

17 [Warning] data definition has no type or storage class

18 [Warning] initialization makes integer from pointer
without a cast

18 [Warning] data definition has no type or storage class

19 [Warning] initialization makes integer from pointer
without a cast

.
.
.