curl-users

Re: FW: Windows XP NO_PROXY Variable

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:19:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Eriksson, Andreas (A.E.) wrote:

> I have created the _curlrc file and in that file I have created a line like
> this:

> proxy = 192.168.2.101:83

That is the exact equivalent of using the -x command line option. This option
_overrides_ the environment variable readings.

> Both of these work's fine and I can get out via the proxy to the internet.
> But now I want to use the NO_PROXY environment variable to stop curl from
> using the proxy for the internal sites. How do I use the environment
> variable's? Shall I put them on the same line as the curl command or shall I
> place them in a file or the operating system or what? Help is very
> appreciated ;)

Be definition, environment variables are set in your environment! ;-) That is
outside of curl and yes, that would mean in your operating system or whatever.

You can most probably try it out by popping up a command line and set them in
there before you manually invoke curl. Or set them in a batch file just before
you invoke curl.

Set http_proxy to the proxy to use and no_proxy to identify the domains that
don't need proxy.