curl-users

Re: Trouble transversing two firewalls w/ passive ftp

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:28:41 -0800

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 03:02:55PM -0600, Nick Harley wrote:
> Is it possible to use the ftp port command and enable passive ftp
> transfers at the same time? The instructions I have says the two can't
> be used together.

PORT and PASV modes are mutually exclusive. You must choose one or the
other.

> Is there any other way to make this work?

What exactly were you trying to accomplish by combining --ftp-port and
--ftp-pasv? Which mode do other clients use to make connections to this
server? Is the server giving out false information on a PASV command?
That problem has come up here before.

On a marginally related note, I noticed that the curl(1) man page says "the
second will again disable silent failure" on --ftp-pasv and two other
options needing cut-and-paste edits.

>>> Dan