curl-users

RE: Use cURL with proxy-firewall Cisco ASA

From: MARMOLLE Frank <Frank.Marmolle_at_mail.ap-hm.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:43:44 +0200

-----Message d'origine-----
De : curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se]De la part de Daniel Stenberg
Envoyé : mardi 22 août 2006 10:31
À : the curl tool
Objet : RE: Use cURL with proxy-firewall Cisco ASA

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, MARMOLLE Frank wrote:

Please don't top-post, it makes mails hard to read and responses hard to
follow.

> Do you mean that, if the HTML page included in the HTTP response contains a
> popup, then curl needs to be adapted because it has no HTML parser ?

I guess. curl brings the HTML for you, if that HTML does something in a
browser you need to tell curl what that something is.

In this case it sounds like javascript.

> Has anyone use (and adapt ?) curl to communicate with proxy-firewall Cisco
> ASA or others, which includes popup in the HTML page of their HTTP response
> ?

My advice: use LiveHTTPHeaders to figure out what your browser does, then do
the same with curl. If the javascript involves dynamic magic, write a script
that replicates the logic.

So, I will bottom-post. :-)
In fact we use cURL to upload an attached file via a POST HTTPS, on a server (with Java JSP) throw a proxy-firewall Cisco ASA.
The cURL command line is :
curl "https://..." -m 600 -s -S -i -o "/export/home/intchu/tmp/TMPAAAzLayXZ.out" --data-binary "@/export/home/intchu/tmp/TMPAAAzLayXZ.in" -u 'e005423:{tsi:42dafc06}epWBD/j8Qq1/5sdqC2K3' -K "/export/home/intchu/tmp/TMPAAAzLayXZ.curl"
The HTTP reply from de proxy-firewall contains :
HTTP reply :
This reply doesn't seem to be interpreted by cURL, does it ?
We don't use any browser. Just cURL on the client server, and the proxy-firewall Cisco ASA.
I believe LiveHHTPHeaders is only for Mozilla Firefox webrowser.
According what you with explain to me, I undersand than cURL can't interpret de HTTP Reply send by the proxy-firewall Cisco. So, I would need to adapt cURL (?). Does the latest (future) version of cURL can (or will be able to) receive HTML in the HTTP reply ?