curl-users

Re: Re: strange proxy related curl error on mac os x

From: Henning Grote <henning.grote_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:25:22 +0200

> Your post would have been clearer to many if you opened a Terminal.app
> window (usually in Applications/Utility), issued the relevant command
> line there, and copy and pasted results here. Besides, that may give
> you more clues about how your environment is set.

I tried to give as much information as possible - sorry if this
wasn't in an appropriate format.

To cut a long chase short:

> Where do you set that? In ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist?
> You can also set environment variables before the command, e.g.

That was what I was looking for. I tried searching vor "environment"
"proxy" on the apple dev webpages but got no conclusive result.

Your tip was what solved the problem. Apparently the plist wasn't
updated when the network location in question was deleted. Deleting
the plist file completely solved the issue, curl works (again)
wiothout any hiccups.

Thanx for your patience and help.

Henning Grote

henning[dot]grote[at]gmail[dot]com