curl-users

Re: File upload error, SSL_write errno = 10053

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:19:32 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Chan, Candy wrote:

> We are using curl to upload the zip file from client side to web server over
> HTTPS, however, we've got the error message sometime, "curl: (55)
> SSL_write() returned SYSCALL, errno = 10053", it is very strange to me that
> sometime file upload is successful, but sometime it is failed with this
> error message.

(here's a quote from http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WSK-19980702-EM02.htm)

WSAECONNABORTED - Error 10053

Question/Problem: WSAECONNABORTED (10053) Software caused connection abort.

Answer/Solution: A connection abort was caused internal to your host machine.
The software caused a connection abort because there is no space on the
socket's queue and the socket cannot receive further connections.

WinSock description: The error can occur when the local network system aborts
a connection. This would occur if WinSock aborts an established connection
after data retransmission fails (receiver never acknowledges data sent on a
datastream socket).

TCP/IP scenario: A connection will timeout if the local system doesn't receive
an (ACK)nowledgement for data sent. It would also timeout if a (FIN)ish TCP
packet is not ACK'd (and even if the FIN is ACK'd, it will eventually timeout
if a FIN is not returned).

I would say this indicates a problem with your network or with the server.