Re: ftps and certs

From: Dan Fandrich <>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:36:10 -0800

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 12:24:29PM -0500, Maury Markowitz wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 3:56 PM, Dan Fandrich <> wrote:
> > You're missing a dash in front of cacert.
> Oddly, that doesn't change anything!
> > Note that the --cacert option
> > takes a CA certificate bundle file as an argument, not a personal
> > certificate.
> But the cacert I downloaded is the right thing, right?

Looks like it. Can you use the bundle against an https site? e.g.
  curl -v --cacert cacert.pem

If so, then your server is probably using a self-signed certificate which
you have to get from them. If you send us the output of your curl ftp command
with the -v option, it will say. You can get around this problem (with
decreased security) with the -k switch, but naturally, that's not
recommended in a situation that demands the security of private key

>>> Dan

--              The web change of address service