curl-users

Re: ftpupload.c crash (Win32 libcurl DLL) Help me

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:09:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Cyber Core wrote:

>> That's a libcurl issue so curl-library would be a more suitable list to
>> take this subject to.
>>
> Ah ok.

... exactly.

> The exact version what I talk about is:
>
> http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/docs/examples/ftpupload.c

Exact version of libcurl. And that URL points to a file in curl's CVS, it
won't be "exact" but point to a file that changes every now and then when we
updated it.

>> I can copy more details later but it should be the same problem like the
>>> other guy had who started the thread.

> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-01/0117.html

No. His problem was different as his description and my response show.

> I recompiled it today, modified the upload file name, added verbose logging,
> user:pass for ftp and guess what it worked as standalone application. Of
> course I want to use this as a function in my C program, where I got the
> following errors:
>
> error C2664: 'fread' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'void *' to 'struct
> _iobuf *'^M
> Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
> explicit cast^M

And did you try to do an explicit cast?

BTW, this is a build error that will prevent you from building a working
executable. So how did you get the crash if you can't build it and thus not
run it?

> This occurs at the:

[...]

> What I have no idea what it is. If you want i can put the modified code to
> pastebin but I just modified the main's name to ftpupload and trying to call
> it from my main program.

When you do, post about it to the correct mailing list!