curl-users

Re: SFTP using CURL in C++

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:13:04 -0700

At 12:59 +0100 12/2/08, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, rajashri bhor wrote:
>
>> Can any body help to find out how can i implement SFTP using cURL in C++?
>
>If you want a C++'ish API I suggest you try curlpp and ask about it
>on the curlpp mailing list.
>
>If you're happy with "plain" libcurl I suggest you read up on
>examples and docs and then ask about details on the curl-library
>mailing list.

While you're still here and perhaps off topic. . .

Is there any advantage to sftp, with curl or otherwise, that makes it
better than scp? You need a certificate on file for either one and
once that's arranged the scp is one line of easily scripted code.

My web host discontinued telnet in favor of ssh and I thought I'd
hate it. Instead ssh made scp work and I have stopped curling my
edits back and forth.

--
--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--