curl-users

HTTP Digest auth done IE-style

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:15:09 +0100 (CET)

Hello

I'm working on a new feature for libcurl that allows it to do HTTP Digest
authentication "IE-style". It is a slightly different behavior that in some
cases aren't compatible with the "normal" way.

How should we control/enable this behavior?

First, I figure we should allow one kind over a proxy and another kind to the
host. And we also would like to still support --anyauth and --proxy-anyauth
but that they would do the Digest IE-style if Digest becomes the selected auth
type...

Having the options like --digest-iestyle and --proxy-digest-iestyle might be a
bit confusing then if they don't also ask for digest, but if they do ask
for/enable digest how should they be combined with the "anyauth" options if
wanted?

Perhaps naming them --auth-iestyle and --proxyauth-iestyle or similar will
decrease the risks of confusion?

Any other ideas or suggestions around how this functionality should be
controller?