curl-users

Re: Libcurl support for https access and sftp access ??

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:48:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, bharath.venkata_at_wipro.com wrote:

Since this is about libcurl, curl-library is a better mailing list to take
this kind of issues on.

> when we try to implement HTTPS access and When we are using options like
> CURLOPT_SSLENGINE or CURLOPT_SSLENGINE_DEFAULT curl produces error like
> below:
>
> * Failed to initialise SSL Engine 'dynamic':
> error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
> * About to connect() to <IP> port 6001 (#0)
> * Trying <IP>... * connected
> * Connected to <IP> (<IP>) port 6001 (#0)
> * crypto engine not set, can't load private key
> * Closing connection #0
>
> Version curl used is curl-7.18.2 and libssh2 is libssh2-0.18.

SSL engines is a deep mystery to me. Are they working in other aspects or for
other OpenSSL applications on this machine?

What OpenSSL version is this?

> when we try to link Libcurl provided by Redhat, version of Libcurl is
> curl-7.12.1, output was different
>
> * About to connect() to <ip> port 443
> * Trying <ip>... * connected
> * Connected to <ip> (<ip>) port 443
> * unable to set certificate file (wrong password?)
> * Closing connection #0
>
> While using Libcurl provided by Redhat, port number is 443, i.e., HTTPS
> , but with with curl version curl-7.18.2 port number is different i.e.,
> 6001.

And the _only_ difference was which licurl you linked with? That certainly is
very weird in my eyes. I can't explain that...

> Our queries are, does errors we got from different versions curl are
> same ??

No they seem completely different.

> Will there be any issues for implementing HTTPS access, if we use libssh2
> along with libcurl ??

The use of libssh2 doesn't affect HTTPS at all. Other than that libssh2 itself
may be built to use the OpenSSL crypto lib, and HTTPS in libcurl might also
use that same lib. But both libssh2 and libcurl can be built to use other
libs.