curl-users

Re: Explicit FTP upload with encrypted data channel block on STOR

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:53:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Denis Sacchet wrote:

>> Well, the PASV seems to be fine and all, but after the STOR command curl
>> expects to get a response back from the server on the control socket before
>> the transfer is started (usually a 125 or 150). That response is missing
>> from the log you showed.

> Effectively, in the case of FileZilla, the server sends this 150 response
> code, but with CURL, it hangs indefinitely. Do you think to problem is on
> the server side ?

It could be. I just can't see why curl would fail to receive that particular
response as it uses the same code to receive all the response codes and it
works fine in all the other cases.

But I realize that it doesn't help a lot, since then comes the obvious follow
up: why would the server not respond nicely to the STOR command that curl
sends? I have no idea...

> The message in the log is showing a problem with openssl.

Right, but that was after a control-c right? I mean it could be an effect of
something (looping) that gets aborted and only because of that you get the
error.

Have you tried -2, -3 or -0 to enforce a particular SSL/TLS version in the
handshaking?