curl-users

Re: Difficulty Posting <form> C/C++

From: 97wideglide <unleadedblues_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:19:33 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, unleadedblues wrote:
>
>> I am trying to browse through a Web Proxy and while my code works
>> very well through some proxies it fails on many others.
>
> You're obviously using libcurl so thus curl-library is a more suitable
> mailing list for questions and help!
>
>> One particluar Web Proxy where it fails is:
>> http://www.firewallfilter.com/
>
> "fails" is such a lovely vague term here. What exactly does it do and
> not do? Without details we can't even start to guess.
>
> What libcurl version on what operating system are you using?
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Thank you for your response and I will post in curl-library from now
on. Since you showed interest by asking questions I'll finish this
thread here unless you or someone else tells me not to.

By 'fails' I mean that the page returned by the Web Server is not the
page I expected. I am trying to navigate to www.msn.com using a web
proxy and the page returned should contain content from msn.com.
Instead, the page returned by the proxy is one which invites me to
enter the url again. I had a similar problem which exhibited the exact
same symptoms and in that case I wasn't URL encoding the POST variables
correctly. I suspect that I am doing something similarly wrong in this
case.

libcurl 7.18.2
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty 64-bit
2.6.28-15-generic