curl-users

CURLE_SSH (79) curl: (79)

From: Faizel Isaacs <Faizel.Isaacs_at_vodacom.co.za>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:15:15 +0200

http://www.vodafonelive.co.za/

Hi There

I've got an application that makes use of libcurl and libssh2 to interface to a windows 2000 / 2003 server.

I can run a normal directory listing via CURL but once I do file upload or download to the server I get the following error

curl: (79) Upload failed: Bad message from SFTP server

I'm not sure if anyone else are battling with this is using CURL to interface with WinSSHD version 5?

I got the below reply back from one of the Winsshd developers.

Try debugging it step by step, and check what SFTP packet received from WinSSHD is LIBCURL rejecting.

SFTP server (such as WinSSHD) does never send SFTP packets on its own. SFTP is a request - reply protocol, therefore, it is highly unusual that a SFTP client does not recognize replies for which request it has issued.

WinSSHD 5 is one of the rare SFTP server that support the latest SFTPv6 protocol. Maybe LIBCURL support for SFTPv6 is broken, and that would not even be unusual. You see, the lack of SFTPv6 server prevents SFTP libraries to be tested properly. What you could do is try setting LIBCURL to use SFTPv4 or even SFTPv3; SFTP client requests SFTP version is the first SSH_FXP_INIT packet.

“This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by Clicking on this link http://www.vodacom.co.za/legal/email.jsp "