curl-users

Re: how to FTP upload a whole directory?

From: Bill Mercer <BMercer_at_nccer.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:57:33 -0500

Curl itself isn't really meant to do this. You can create a script or
batch file to automate curl for this kind of task.
The overhead from doing multiple connections can be reduced by
combining multiple entries from the directory
into a single invocation of curl, since it will reuse existing
connections in this case.

If you want a single stand-alone program to upload entire folders, you
might want to try wput, which is a
command line utility similar to wget, but for uploading.

--
Cheers,
Bill Mercer - National Center for Construction Education and Research
>>> On 12/30/2009 at 6:33 PM, in message
<65293421.569109f0.4b3be33b.c229_at_o2.pl>,
jar123 <jar123_at_o2.pl> wrote:
> Hello Kamil,
>
> thanks for your prompt answer.
> I know that I can do it by invoking curl many times, but is there a
way to
> do it in one shot?
> In your solution curl will be reconnecting after transferring each
file
> which can be a drawback if lots of small files need to be
transferred.