curl-users

Re: VMS curl issues

From: Chris Sharman <bowlandss_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 21:45:43 +0000

On 9 March 2011 08:11, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Can you access _any_ HTTPS site out there using the bundle?

Good call - no, I can't.
Further research indicates vms curl ignores --capath and just searches the
current folder.
I tried using a logical, using no logicals, using vms, windows, & unix path
formats - they all get ignored - only copying the pem file into the current
local folder fixes it.

> Second problem is that 'p1' is a stream (crlf) file - I've tried --data,
> --data-ascii, and --data-binary, and they all strip out all the carriage
> return/line feeds, causing the lines to run together with no separators.

--data-binary does not strip anything off. Although I must admit I'm not
> skilled at VMS peculiarities.

Deliberately used a stream file to avoid vms peculiarities

> (workaround for that is to use vms$ set file/attr=rfm=udf 'p1')

Tells vms to effectively treat the file as completely unstructured
(undefined record format).

Any vms folk out there successfully using --capath or --data* (with line
breaks)?
At least I have safe workarounds now.

Many thanks
Chris