Re: Curl returns exit code 18 for remote file

From: James B. Byrne <>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:48:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, August 2, 2011 17:15, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> With --head, you shouldn't be getting error 18 since there's no file
> transfer being done. Can you show the log for that case?
> Unfortunately,
> --ignore-content-length is ignored on FTP transfers, so it shouldn't
> make a difference one way or another.

Yes, I wrote too hastily. The error 18 seems to have disappeared
since adding the --head option to those cURL calls and the --output
/dev/null has the desired effect on the content length notice.
Although I cannot grasp the logic behind giving such notice to
stdout if that is all one expects to begin with.

Thank you.

James B. Byrne
Harte & Lyne Limited
Canada  L8E 3C3