curl-users

Re: when POSTing data, when does curl add the x-www-form header?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 13:20:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 May 2012, Steven Carmody wrote:

> In both cases, they are posting SOAP data. In once case, tho, it *appears*
> that curl is adding the Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
> header... I've run curl in verbose mode, and pasted in the two sessions down
> below ...
>
> Can anyone shed any light on where the extra Header is coming from, why it
> is being included ?

Note: You are using a VERY old curl version.

That header is the default content-type sent by curl when you do a "plain"
post with -d. If you override the content-type header with -H, curl should not
send the default header as well but you seem to get that. It is a bug.

I suggest you try a modern curl version where I believe this problem doesn't
exist.