curl-users

RE: ver 7.2 -k option in ver 7.9

From: Jeannie Schreitmueller <jschreitmueller_at_vitaminshoppe.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:26:08 +0000

On Thu, 31 May 2012, Jeannie Schreitmueller wrote:

> Hi! We upgraded our AIX version from 5.3 to 6.1 and this upgraded the curl
> version as well. We used curl 7.2 before but the same syntax does not work
> for 7.9.

FYI: 7.9 is over 10 years old.

> ver7.9
> Gives this error msg:
> curl: option -k is unknown
>
> Please let me know what command I can replace this with to work in 7.9.

I think -k worked in 7.9 as well. Using such old version you're really left on
your own or ask IBM who provided you with that software(?) - who knows what
they patched or not.

Building and installing a modern curl version really isn't complicated.

Thanks for this input. I'll let our unix admin know. If we install 7.26.0 would -k work? What would be the equiv syntax in this version?
The information contained in this electronic message is intended
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  It is intended only for the use of
the individual(s) or entity named above.  If the reader is not the

immediately at compliance_at_vitaminshoppe.com and delete the
electronic message and any associated attachments.