curl-users

Re: Program too big to fit in memory

From: Marco A. Cruz Quevedo <macruzq_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:11:21 -0500

Hi everybody:

Finally, it seems I found a solution, or at least, a workorund for cURL
commandline.
As I told initially, there are two calls to cURL inside the same DOS
application. The one with the issue is the FTP upload instruction.
The problem: Let's suppose that the application runs in c:\app_path\app.exe
that calls curl.exe. The data file to be uploaded is in
c:\app_path\data_path\file.dat

The command:

curl -T c:\app_path\data_path\file.dat ftp://user:pwd@ftpsite.com/directory/

makes the application get the message: "Program too big to fit in memory",
but the following command

curl -T data_path\file.dat ftp://user:pwd@ftpsite.com/directory/

runs fine!

The conclusion: if I use the relative path, program does not complain with
the error message. I tried this solution because I found the same behavior
in some other programs called the same way (from a DOS application). This
happens in both Win98SE and WinXP.

I will appreciate any further comments about this.

Best regards,

Marco

---