curl-users

Re: Different behaviour of file upload with NTLM/Negotiate proxy authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:52:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012, Markus Moeller wrote:

> Can the behavious for proxy NTLM authentications be changed as it does not
> seem to work correctly.

I believe proxy NTLM authentication works in general and we have a couple of
test cases that verify this.

I think your case is more complicated because of the Negotiate thing and
because your proxy is making that funny conclusion.

> Should I raise it as a bug ?

You can, but it won't really change much in regards to the problem so I would
advice against it. We're a very small bunch of people who actually care about
bug reports, small enough to probably not even qualify as a "bunch" most days.

You can pretty much assume that until you can provide a recipe for us to
repeat the problem against something public or at least generally available,
you need to do the debugging and researching in your end and we can help out
with ideas, suggestions and advice.