curl-users

Raw protocol? Would like to use curl for ssh ProxyCommand

From: Nico Williams <nico_at_cryptonector.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 18:33:30 -0500

Hi,

I've spent a fair bit of today trying to figure out how to tunnel ssh
through a proxy that wants HTTP/Negotiate (with Kerberos). Obviously
I want to use CONNECT, to use curl (or failing that, libcurl) on
account of its stellar proxy authentication functionality, and curl to
just run an event loop reading from stdin and the socket and writing
to the socket and stdout.

I've tried "curl ... --proxy-negotiate --proxytunnel --proto =file
foohost:22" and variations, but it always fails with

curl: (1) Protocol http not supported or disabled in libcurl

I've tried a program I found, curltunnel, from 2007, which too fails,
because it too wants to speak HTTP to the target host. In particular
I don't see how to stop libcurl from wanting to speak *a protocol*
other than "raw".

Is this a missing feature? Or have I missed it? Or is such a feature
expressly not wanted?

(I'm using curl 7.22.0, but I've been browsing the master branch and I
see nothing new about this.)

Nico