curl-users

nightly autobuild setup snags

From: dev <dev_at_cor0.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:39:21 -0400 (EDT)

A few weeks ago I was trying to build curl/libcurl on Solaris 10 sparc
and ran into a few test fails. Specifically three tests 815, 816, and
also 1 513 . After a bit of maillist discussion I felt it may be of
some
benefit to try a nightly autobuild setup which may help here.

So after a bit of sed/awk/grep-fu I have a nightly script which can pull
down the latest tarball. Sorry, git is out of the question until I can
build a recent version of git. Which seems to need every dependency in
the Linux/GNU stack plus the kitchen sink. So tarballs for now.

First problem was that curl-7.37.0-20140418/tests/testcurl.pl wants me
to input my name and email and a system description. I guess I have to
make a response file for that.

Manually running the script didn't get very far because of this :

node002$ ./curl_daily_fetch.sh
INFO : good download
     : HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
INFO : about to try autobuild
     : /usr/local/build/curl_autobuild/build/curl-7.37.0-20140418
please enter your name
Dennis Clarke
please enter your contact email address
dev_at_cor0.com
please enter a one line system description
Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b kernel=150400-01 cc=Sun C 5.12
UltraSPARC-T2+
please enter your additional arguments to configure
examples: --with-ssl --enable-debug --enable-ipv6 --with-krb4
--enable-shared --enable-static --with-libidn=/usr/local
--enable-tls-srp --with-ssl --with-gnutls=/usr/local
--with-ca-path=/usr/local/ssl/certs
testcurl: STARTING HERE
testcurl: TRANSFER CONTROL ==== 1120 CHAR
LINEooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooLINE_END
testcurl: NAME = Dennis Clarke
testcurl: EMAIL = dev_at_cor0.com
testcurl: DESC = Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b kernel=150400-01
cc=Sun C 5.12 UltraSPARC-T2+
testcurl: NOTES =
testcurl: CONFOPTS = --enable-shared --enable-static
--with-libidn=/usr/local --enable-tls-srp --with-ssl
--with-gnutls=/usr/local --with-ca-path=/usr/local/ssl/certs
--enable-warnings
testcurl: CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-D_TS_ERRNO -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
testcurl: CFLAGS = -errfmt=error -erroff=%none -errshort=full -xstrconst
-xildoff -m64 -xmemalign=8s -xnolibmil -Xa -xcode=pic32 -xregs=no%appl
-xlibmieee -mc -g -xs -ftrap=%none -Qy -xbuiltin=%none
-xdebugformat=dwarf -xunroll=1 -xtarget=ultraT2
-xcache=8/16/4:4096/64/16
testcurl: LDFLAGS =
testcurl: LIBS =
testcurl: CC = /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/cc
testcurl: TMPDIR =
testcurl: MAKEFLAGS =
testcurl: ACLOCAL_FLAGS =
testcurl: PKG_CONFIG_PATH =
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/ssl/lib/pkgconfig
testcurl: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH =
testcurl: LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
testcurl: LIBRARY_PATH =
testcurl: SHLIB_PATH =
testcurl: LIBPATH =
testcurl: target =
testcurl: version = 2012-11-30
testcurl: date = Fri Apr 18 16:22:46 2014 UTC
testcurl: build dir build-7933 was created fine
testcurl: run git pull in curl
testcurl: failed to update from curl git (-1), continue anyway
testcurl: The most recent curl git commits:
testcurl: invoke buildconf
buildconf: autoconf version 2.69 (ok)
buildconf: autom4te version 2.69 (ok)
buildconf: autoheader version 2.69 (ok)
buildconf: automake version 1.13 (ok)
buildconf: aclocal version 1.13 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 2.4.2 (ok)
buildconf: GNU m4 version 1.4.16 (ok)
buildconf: running libtoolize
buildconf: converting all mv to mv -f in local m4/libtool.m4
buildconf: running aclocal
buildconf: converting all mv to mv -f in local aclocal.m4
buildconf: running autoheader
buildconf: running autoconf
buildconf: running automake
configure.ac:128: installing './compile'
configure.ac:181: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:181: installing './config.sub'
docs/examples/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
buildconf: OK
testcurl: buildconf was successful
testcurl: timestamp = Fri Apr 18 02:01:45 2014 UTC
testcurl: configure created (at least it exists)
testcurl: going with gmake as make
testcurl: configure didn't work
testcurl: removing the build-7933 dir
testcurl: removing the buildlog-7933 file
testcurl: ENDING HERE
node002$

Well, not sure what to do with "configure didn't work".

Any thoughts?

Dennis