curl-users

How to use keep-alive in a Bash co-process?

From: Sascha Ziemann <ceving_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:17:26 +0100

I need to download several files and I would like to use keep-alive,
because it is an TSL connection and the connection establishment is quite
slow. But I am not able to specify all URLs in the command line, because
they depend on each other. The second URL gets calculated by the content of
the first URL and so on. I would like to use curl in a co-process. I tried
to open a pipe to curl -sSLK- in order to send url="" and output=""
commands to curl. But curl does not start with the download. Instead it
waits until the pipe gets closed. This prevents the calculation of the
second URL, because the body of the first is never downloaded.

How can I tell curl to start immediately with the first download as soon as
a url/output pair has been read from stdin?

Regards,
Sascha