curl-and-php

Re: Need to POST with additional headers and content-type/length

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:41:53 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Paul Slootweg wrote:

> I'm trying to POST to a HTTPS server and the request requires additional
> headers and specific content-type/length values.
> The data to POST is in a variable. and I'm using CURL_RETURNTRANSFER = 1 to
> get the response data.
>
> By using the 'feature' of CURL_CUSTOMREQUEST, I can achieve this, but I'm
> not happy that this is a robust solution.
>
> What is the right way of doing this?

CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER is the option for passing along custom headers.

CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS is the option for passing along data for the POST.

These are the generic libcurl names, the php/curl module may support them
differently.

(Using CUSTOMREQUEST for all that will create a severaly weird request.)

Sorry, I'm not a PHP hacker.