curl-and-php

Re: Any help with persistent http connections

From: Michael Shuler <michael_at_unixtx.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:09:31 -0500

Sinan wrote:
> I posted a message regarding persistent http connections with no
> replies. Is it possible to make connections
> last longer? I need to execute succesive queries on a page and every
> time connecting and then
> reconnecting takes a lot of time. Can I make shorter this?

The best way to do this would be on the server side - enable persistent
connections in the web service configuration. The web server will keep
the connection open for however long the timeout is configured, and any
subsequent connects from the same remote host will use the same TCP
session, as opposed to initiating a new one.

Kind Regards,
Michael