curl-and-php

Re: cookie jar problem curl and webmin

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:22:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Ben wrote:

> Always I get:
>
> No cookies
> Your browser does not support cookies, which are required for this web
> server to work in session authentication mode

This proves that the site checks for something, most likely a cookie, that you
don't provide. It might have been set in the page that displays the login
form.

> I am writing my cookiejar to a folder with 777, but my problem is this: the
> file never gets made. So what am I doing wrong?

And you do receive cookies?

> Also, what is the format of this file, so I can force cookies into place?

Netscape/Mozilla cookie file format.

As always, try using the curl command line tool to work out the functionality
first. -c is the cookiejar option.

> curl_close ($ch);
> $ch = curl_init();

If you don't close and re-init, you may not even have to save the cookies to a
file, and just let curl keep them in memory.