curl-and-php

RE: PHP script to accept PUT from curl on Apache

From: David Barrett <dbarrett_at_quinthar.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:41:02 -0800

It doesn't reject it so much as it receives no data and thus (as I've
written it) returns a 404 error. Recall, the script can:

1) Get the correct filename of the PUT
2) Open and write "Hello world" to the file on disk without any errors
3) Open and read from stdin without any errors

It's just that 'stdin' returns no data. It's exactly as if the correct PUT
headers are being sent and received, but no actual file data is going
through.

It's very probable it's a problem with the PHP code or Apache configuration.
But I'm at a loss of what that might be, and thus I'm evaluating all options
(including the unlikely possibility it's a problem in curl).

Has anyone on this list successfully used curl to PUT data to a PHP script?
Can you offer any tips on how to make it all work?

-david