working on 7.8.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:23:45 +0200 (MET DST)

Yay

With 7.8.1 just out the door, I figure we should have a peek at what 7.8.2
(or possibly it will be called 7.9) may offer.

This is what I have in mind, what do you think? (Up-to-date document here:
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/right-now.txt)

I'd like these matters addressed before the upcoming 7.8.2 release:

 o Arkadiusz Miskiewicz's IPv6 improvements (passive FTP and more)

 o Jeff Nappi's problems (with curl SSL -d POST operations) that only appear
   on Mandrake Linux and not Slackware
         to curl as lynx and his java program also show the problem!

 o Oleg Bartunov's problems with libcurl timers in a multi-threaded program.

 o apply all things for RISC OS portability (from Michael Curtis)

 o apply Linus Nielsen Feltzing's efforts to correct telnet for win32

 o Check return codes when -E isn't used when expected, or when used with
   wrong certificate (see bug reports)

 o Georg Huettenegger's fixes: "Expect: 100-continue" when doing form posts
   and improved FormReader().
         with his changes

 o Georg Huettenegger's new interface to replace curl_formparse()

 o libtool does wrong on FreeBSD *and* OpenBSD

 o configure script does wrong on Darwin

 o Make all time_t using code work (better) even for platforms that have it
   unsigned. Like OpenVMS has.

 o Make connects non-blocking to allow better timeouts for multi-threaded
   programs.