Re: updated test

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:22:40 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Bjorn Reese wrote:

> O_NONBLOCK is part of both POSIX and XPG3, and is thus supported on most
> Unix platforms I know of. The exceptions are AIX 3.x and SunOS 4.1.x,
> which both defines O_NONBLOCK but does not work correctly. On those two
> platforms ioctl(FIOBIO) has to be used instead.

You did mean FIONBIO (with an N in there), right?

> Your configure script does not catch this case, so if you want to support
> these two platforms you need to put something like this in front of the
> nonblocking code

[snip]

Many thanks.

> Yes, I know this is #ifdef hell, but I usually put this in separate
> header files and try to use as intuitive macro names as possible.

I would even put that #ifdef-mania in the actual configure test to hide it
from most people, like shown in the file the URL below points to:

        http://curl.haxx.se/dev/nonblockconnect/nonblock.m4

If anyone would actually have access to a SunOS 4 or AIX 3 host, the
configure script is readily available for testing at:
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/nonblockconnect/configure

(I now have the whole nonblock experiment package available "live" in
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/nonblockconnect/)