Re: multi API q

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:48:31 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Ben Greear wrote:

> Why don't you do something like:
>
> create HTTP handle
> Add handle to multi-main-loop
> create FTP handle
> Add handle to multi-main-loop
> add your own private handle to multi-main-loop
> [you get callbacks as your handle has data available]
> create HTTP handle
> add handle to multi-main-loop
> [ftp is done, it is removed, and you get a callback]
> create FTP handle
> add handle to multi-main-loop

Mainly because that wouldn't be a "pull" interface so it wouldn't fulfill my
goals for this interface. "pull" as in the application decides when to read
or write.

Using my described approach, we could easily also support this scenario if we
would want that.

But, you do address one question of mine. So you think completed handles
should be removed from the multi collection, to get added again if you want
to make more transfers?