curl multi interface and windows

From: <RBramante_at_on.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:21:41 -0400

Is the multi interface supported for windows?  I noticed the dll did not
export the multi apis from the def file.  I added the apis to the def file
and rebuilt.  But unfortunately select() always fails for me with 10038 "An
operation was attempted on something that is not a socket."  Is this a
dll/exe execution conext issue, i.e. the sockets allocated in the dll have
no meaning for my select() in the exe.  In that case will this all work if
I build/link curl as a static lib vs. dll?

I would like to be able to get more control over reading HTTP GET responses
rather than just relying on the callbacks.

Thanks for any help.

This is with curl 7.9.8 on Win2000.