Issues with libCurl and OpenSSL

From: John Barker <jb_at_optimiser.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:12:49 +0800

Folks,

I've been using libCurl with OpenSSL for a little while now in a
resident service for Windows platforms. Every so often it requires to
POST some data to a webserver of ours using SSL. I noticed recently that
this service was growing in size very slowly, after 5 days it had
reached a resident size of 120mb from 2mb. Memory leaks!

So I went through some debugging, looked at all my code and ran some
tests. Found some memory leaks, none of them had recorded filenames -
thus I was certain they weren't in my code. I commented out where I was
using libCurl, the memory leaks went away. So I turned on libCurl memory
debugging, nothing found. Then I turned off USE_SSLEAY when compiling
libCurl. No memory leaks.

At this point I'm wondering, is there a proper way to clean up libCurl
to ensure that it frees any SSL resources? I'm just using a
curl_easy_init() and curl_easy_cleanup() at the moment.

Cheers,
John