RE: Using options CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE & CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:05:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Edward Chan wrote:

> I guess I would have liked to see a section discussing the calls
> curl_share_init(), curl_share_setopt(), and curl_share_cleanup().

There are man pages for these functions included in the latest release
archive. One of these days I should make them appear on the web site(s) too...

> I had to modify the .def file in order for the API's to be built into the
> libcurl.dll.

I've added them now.

> I have one last question though. I guess I can look into the code to figure
> this out, but if you can tell me off hand, that would be great. I've seen
> that in curl_easy_cleanup(), writing to the cookie file is protected around
> lock/unlock. I'm assuming the same is done in other places that need to
> access the cookie file?

That is certainly the intention. If there exists an unprotected access, it is
a bug that should be fixed. But I'm not aware of any such bugs atm.