Re: socket creation/close callbacks (Was: Asynch DNS in Curl)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:50:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, codemastr wrote:

> > Can you elaborate a little on why you need this "managed sockets"

> for some programs it might be useful. In my particular case I could work
> around it.

Given that kind of reasoning, I can imagine applications that want their own
function calls to be used by libcurl instead of the original ones. Be it
sockets, malloc, file operations etc.

But, while I'm not totally against the concept I think we should be careful
about adding features that "might be useful" to "some programs". I think we
should focus on existing users' use cases that have no easy work-arounds.