Re: CURL FTP not sending QUIT

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:47:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Darrick Brown wrote:

> Is there a reason why the CURL command line and libCURL to not send an FTP
> 'QUIT' command when disconnecting?

Not really. The only reason is that I've never seen any reason to do it.

> We are using libCURL (not the latest, but the lastest code does not send a
> QUIT either) and are seeing situations where it appears that the FTP server
> will not close the connection until the socket times out or until it
> receives a 'QUIT' command. This is resulting in these servers having many
> stale open FTP connections.

If you can produce a patch to add this, and post it here, I'd be happy. I
cannot see any downside with adding a QUIT, as that would only make libcurl be
more friendly to the FTP server.

Otherwise, I'll add it to the TODO document to remember it.

This email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.