w3c hands over libwww to...

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:52:16 +0100 (CET)

I think this might interest some of you reading this list. W3C is now
officially dropping maintainance of libwww[1]. It will however remain an open
source project.

An interesting read in this context is the summary[2] of their 'libwww survey'
[3] they've performed. It contains numerous references to curl and libcurl.

(I can only think of one major feature we lack in comparison to libwww, and
that's support for pipelning.)

[1] =
[2] =
[3] =