Re: missing autobuilds...

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:31:58 -0500

Duncan Wilcox wrote:
>> Any possibility you can setup a crontab job and have the output mailed
>> in as
>> http://curl.haxx.se/auto/howto.html describes?
>

> This is my powerbook but I guess I could do a build every now and then.
> Would once a week be often enough?
>
> Also I think I need to upload the build file to
> http://curl.haxx.se/auto/upload.cgi as /usr/bin/mail on Panther doesn't
> seem to be functional out of the box. Oh well. Now I'll have to hunt for
> some tool to script a form upload :)

I'll attach a couple scripts I use to do the build on my FreeBSD box. If
you have perl installed (with the libnet bundle) this should take care
of it for you. Change paths, email addresses, etc as needed.

Joe

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Net::SMTP;

my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new('smtp.comcast.net');
$smtp->mail('j.p.h_at_comcast.net');
$smtp->to('curl-autocompile_at_haxx.se');

open DATA, 'testcurl.sh.out' || die "open: $!\n";
my @data = <DATA>;
close DATA;

$smtp->data();
$smtp->datasend("To: curl-autocompile\@haxx.se\n");
$smtp->datasend("Subject: autobuild\n");
$smtp->datasend("\n");
$smtp->datasend(@data);
$smtp->dataend();

$smtp->quit;

#!/usr/local/bin/ksh
. /home/jhalpin/.profile
export PATH
cd /home/jhalpin/curldev
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
./curl/testcurl.sh 2>&1 | tee testcurl.sh.out
echo current directory is `pwd`
./mail-results