Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:
> Do you have any info or plans on when in time we might see this new version?
FYI, I just released 0.4.5 with a 'idn_free' function, prototyped in
the header file idn-free.h. It is intentionally not documented yet,
pending more feedback. I have added a comment to the header file (see
below). If you have more information or any references, I'd be happy
to add them.
/* I don't recommend using this interface in general. Use `free'.
* I'm told Microsoft Windows may use one set of `malloc' and `free'
* in a library, and another incompatible set in a statically compiled
* application that link to the library, thus creating problems if the
* application would invoke `free' on a pointer pointing to memory
* allocated by the library. This motivated adding this function.
* The theory of isolating all memory allocations and de-allocations
* within a code package (library) sounds good, to simplify hunting
* down memory allocation related problems, but I'm not sure if it is
* worth enough to motivate recommending this interface over calling
* `free' directly, though.
* If you have any thoughts or comments on this, please let me know.
Received on 2004-05-21